Waldemar d’Orey was born in 1940 in Lisbon, Portugal. From 1958 to 1960, he studied architecture. In 1960, he came to Great Britain and enrolled in the Central School of Art in London. From 1961 to 1964, he studied sculpture at St Martin’s School of Art under the supervision of Prof Anthony Caro and Phillip King. After completing his studies, he was a lecturer in sculpture at the Art School in Oxford.
Brez naslova / Untitled
Forma viva 1965
pobarvani jekleni trakovi / painted steel bands
130 x 349 x 295 cm
Čečovje, Ravne / Čečovje Neighbourhood, Ravne
The coloured sheet-metal strips, shaped into conical forms, follow the refined visual address in the sense of geometric art. The sculpture, devoid of all content-related ballast, was integrated playfully into its green ambient and it revealed, without any pathos, only its minimalist visual essence. The statue has been missing since its disappearance during the rearrangement of green areas in Čečovje a few years ago.